Central government of India and Pakistan has signed agreement to operationalize Kartarpur Corridor to allow Indian sikh pilgrims to visit holy Darbar Sahib Shrine in Pakistan. Now people can make Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration at official website prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in. Indian and OCI card holders can fill Dera Baba Nanak online application form to apply for pilgrimage journey.
Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration Latest Updates
Travel / Registration for Sri Kartarpur Sahib is Temporarily SuspendedIn the wake of COVID-19 Pandemic, as a preacutionary measure to contain and control spread of the disease, the travel and registration for Sri Kartarpur Sahib is temporarily suspended from 16 MARCH 2020
Pakistan govt. has assured India to make sufficient provision for Langar (community kitchen) and distribution of Prasad. Ministry of Home Affairs has issued do’s and don’ts for the pilgrims. Check these guidelines before applying for travel and return for Kartarpur Sahib Corridor. In this article, we will tell you about the complete process of how to make Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration.
About Dera Baba Nanak – Sri Kartarpur Sahib Pilgrimage
Village Kartarpur is located at the west bank of river Ravi where Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji spent last 18 years of his life. Gurdwara Dera Baba Nanak is about 1 km from the Indo- Pakistan border and on the east bank of River Ravi. To the west side of the river is located the town of Kartarpur, Pakistan. Gurdwara Sri Kartarpur Sahib falls in district Narowal of Pakistan, about 4.5 k.m. from the international border near the historic town of Dera Baba Nanak, District Gurdaspur, Punjab.
The Indian part of Dera Baba Nanak – Sri Kartarpur Sahib corridor involves a 4.1 k.m. long four lane highway from Dera Baba Nanak to international border and a state of the art Passenger Terminal Building (PTB) at the international border. Dera Baba Nanak is a city situated in Gurdaspur district in the state of Punjab, India. Followers of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji built the town and named it Dera Baba Nanak after their great ancestor.
Dera Baba Nanak to Kartarpur Distance
- Distance from Amritsar 45 km by NH354B
- Distance from Batala 24 km by District Road
- Distance from Gurdaspur 30 km by NH354
- Distance from Jalandhar 112 km via Batala
After several years of efforts, Government of India has succeeded in facilitating pilgrimage of devotees to Shri Kartarpur Sahib. The map location of both Gurdwara Dera Baba Nanak and Gurudwara Sri Kartarpur Sahib is shown below:-
Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Booking Latest Update
The Kartarpur Sahib passageway, which leads to one of Pakistan’s holiest Sikh sites, reopens on 17 November 2021. The corridor connects Pakistan’s Gurdwara Darbar Sahib and Punjab’s Dera Baba Nanak shrine, which is the final resting place of Sikhism founder Guru Nanak Dev. The corridor opens two days before Gurpurab, the birthday of Guru Nanak, the first Sikh guru.
The passageway was closed in March 2020, just four months after it was opened to pilgrims, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All pilgrims must have a negative RT-PCR report that is no more than 72 hours old, as well as COVID-19 vaccination certificates. On November 18, Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi announced that the entire state Cabinet will pay homage at Kartarpur Sahib.
Those interested in visiting Darbar Sahib should register online at https://prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in/kpr/. The decision to reopen the corridor comes just months before Punjab’s Assembly Elections, which are set to take place in 2022. Union Minister Amit Shah tweeted on 16 November 2021 “In a major decision, that will benefit large numbers of Sikh pilgrims, PM Narendra Modi govt has decided to reopen the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor from tomorrow, Nov 17. This decision reflects the immense reverence of Modi govt towards Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and our Sikh community.”
Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Executive Committee (KSCEC)
A ten member Committee is constituted under the chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner-cum-Chief Administrator, Dera Baba Nanak (DBN) Development Authority, Punjab to cordinate and facilitate day to day functional aspects of Dera Baba Nanak-Kartarpur Sahib Corridor.
General Instructions for Pilgrims
- All Pilgrims who propose to visit Sri Kartarpur Sahib in district Narowal, Pakistan may register here in advance.
- Applicant is required to register himself/herself in advance of proposed date of travel.
- Registration does not confer a right to travel.
- Applicants who are granted permission may be informed only 4 days before proposed date of travel. Therefore, Applicants should make their travel arrangements in advance.
- Pilgrims will go in the morning and shall have to return the same day.
- Pilgrims shall be allowed to visit only Sri Kartarpur Sahib and not anywhere outside.
- Eco-friendly material, preferably cloth bags should be used & surroundings should be kept clean.
- Currency as per RBI regulations must be followed.
- Only one baggage upto 7 kg weight including drinking water may be carried.
- Do not carry any item mentioned in the negative list
- Smoking, drinking and use of tobacco is not allowed inside Passenger Terminal Building(PTB) Complex
- Do not touch any unattended article. Inform about anything suspicious to the authorities.
- Playing loud music and photographing others without permission may not be done.
Instructions for Filling Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration Form
Before filling the online registration
Ensure that Acrobat Reader is installed in your computer system. If you do not have the software, you can download it here through the link – https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Applicant must be aware of his/her blood group for filling registration form.
Conditions for Applicant
- Applicant should possess a valid passport.
- OCI card holder need to fill OCI cards details in registration form.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to feed accurate information complete in every respect including spellings of name, date of birth etc. as in passport.
- Incorrect or false information, concealing any material facts in the application form will be ground for rejection of application.
How to Make Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration Online
Below is the complete procedure to fill Dera Baba Nanak apply online form:-
- Firstly visit the official website at prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in
- At the homepage, click at the “Apply Online” tab in the main menu.
- To make Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration, people will have to enter their ‘Nationality‘ first as either Indian or foreigner (only OCI card holder) and select ‘Journey date‘.
- The slot wise availability page for Dera Baba Nanak visit will open as shown below:-
- Here candidates can select their appropriate slot for Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor visit. Then click at “Continue” button to open the Kartarpur Corridor Online Registration Form as shown below:-
- Here candidates can enter Passport type, Passport number, date of issue, date of expiry, place of issue, personal details and click at “Save & Continue” button. Complete the remaining sections.
- You’ll get a registration number and a PDF copy of the form once you’re finished. Keep the registration number safe with you and save the pdf file for future reference.
- Three to four days previous to the date of travel, pilgrims will get an SMS and an e-mail confirming their registration.
Pilgrims who wishes to visit Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur Pakistan will have to make registration online in advance of proposed date of travel.
Keep Following Items Ready while filling Kartarpur Corridor Registration Form
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph (in JPG format not exceeding 300 kb in size).
- Scanned copy of Passport (containing photo & personal particulars) and last page containing family details in <.pdf> format only not exceeding 500 kb in size.
- Scanned Copy of first page of OCI Card in <.pdf> format only not exceeding 500 kb in size.
After Successful Kartarpur Sahib Online Registration
- Take a printout of the registration form and keep with you for reference.
- You will receive SMS and e-mail after successful registration.
An Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) would be generated after Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration. The pilgrims need to carry ETA along with their passport on arrival at the Passenger Terminal Building.
Kartarpur Corridor Registration Status / ETA Download
- Here applicants can enter the registration number, passport number and then click at “Submit” button to check Registration Status and download ETA.
India and Pakistan had agreed on visa free travel of Indian pilgrims to Gurdwara Darbar Sahib using Kartarpur Corridor.
Kartarpur Corridor Registration Fees
Waive Passport, $20 Fee For Kartarpur Corridor: Punjab Assembly Resolution.
Kartarpur Gurudwara Contact Number
Support Email Id: [email protected]
Support Help Line – For Punjab Residents: 8283842323, For International/Other States: 0183-2500463