Odisha govt. has launched official portal at scholarship.odisha.gov.in and logo for Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana 2021. Now candidates can apply online for Kalia Scholarship Scheme at scholarship.odisha.gov.in. Kalia Scholarship Scheme online application form 2021 are available at the official website. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details including objectives, eligibility, subjects / courses available, key features and how to apply online for Kalia Scholarship.
Revised Guidelines for Odisha Kalia Scholarship Scheme 2021
Through this Kalia Chhatravritti Yojana, farmers child can pursue higher education in professional and technical courses. Kalia Scholarship Scheme 2021 is the next major step towards transforming the economic standards of farmers through Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation Scheme. The state govt. of Odisha has come up with the Kalia Scholarship Yojana to ensure human resource development among the farming families across the state.
Objective of Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana
The objective of the scheme is to extend financial assistance to the children of the beneficiaries under KALIA for pursuing Professional Technical courses in the State of Odisha. It will lead to better access to Higher Education for children of Small & Marginal farmers (SF/MF). Actual cultivators (sharecroppers), Landless Agricultural households (LAH). KALIA Scholarship will support SF/MF & LAH in empowering their families.
Key features of KALIA Scholarship
In order to ensure proper higher education of their children, support will be provided in the form of KALIA Scholarship. The scholarship will be given purely on merit basis to those who are studying professional/technical courses like Medical, Engineering, Agriculture & Allied, Nursing. Diploma and different trades in ITI in Government Institutions of the State.
Subjects & Courses eligible for the KALIA Scholarship
The Professional or Technical graduation courses like M.B.B.S, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, B.Pharma, B.Sc. (Nursing), PBBSc, B.Sc (Agriculture), BVSc & AH, B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc. (Forestry), B.Sc (Fisheries Science), B.Sc. (Community Science), B.Tech (Agril. Engg), B.Tech/B.E in Government Institutes of the State are included under the KALIA Scholarship.
Similarly, Diploma courses like D. Pharma, DMLT, DMRT, Ophthalmic Assistance/Surgical OPTH Assistance, GNM, ANM, Psychiatric Nursing, Polytechnic & Agri Polytechnic in Government Institutes of the State are included under the KALIA Scholarship. Further, courses of different trades in Government ITI’s are included under the KALIA Scholarship scheme. The list of courses may be modified if needed by Government approval.
Eligibility criteria for KALIA Scholarship
- The children of all the eligible beneficiaries under the KALIA scheme under the two different components, namely Support to Cultivators for Cultivation and Livelihood Support to Landless Agricultural Households are eligible for the scholarship. The parent of the student must be eligible under KALIA during verification at Chief District Agriculture Officer (CDAO) level.
- The student must have obtained admission in a Government institution of the State on a merit basis. Government Institutions means an organization set up by the State Government to execute its programme is called Government Institution. The institutions set up by the Central Government and Private Institutions or the State Govt. aided Private Institutions shall not come under the government institution.
- The students taking admission on cost-sharing/ Self-financing/NRI will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- The student will not be eligible to get any other scholarship or if he/she is in receipt of another scholarship, he/she will need to shift from the existing scholarship scheme to the KALIA Scholarship, if they so choose. Only one scholarship can be availed.
- The students can get KALIA scholarship for one professional course only & shall not be eligible for getting the scholarship for a second professional courses.
Modalities for implementation
- A common Scholarship Portal i.e. https://scholarship,odisha.gov.in has been developed for the students to apply online.
- The tuition fees, annual fees, one time fees, hostel charges and any other fees deposited by the student in the colleges /universities/institutions except the caution money/ any other refundable money as admissible shall be released to the concerned student Account directly through DBT.
- Further, the mess /hostel charges of Rs.1200/- per month & Rs.1000/- per month for ten months shall be provided to the Degree & Diploma/Polytechnic/ITI students respectively as per the guideline of ST & SC Dev., Minorities and BCW Dept., which would be subject to change from time to time.
- For the refund and penalties in different situations, the institution shall follow the guidelines/modalities of the concerned Department/ Institution. Any refundable security deposit shall not be part of the scholarship and need to be paid by the student.
- The scholarship sanctioned in favour of a student shall be liable for cancellation if he/she is found to have obtained the scholarship by false statements, discontinues his/her studies, or is in receipt of any other scholarship.
- The scheme will be implemented by the Department of Agriculture & Farmers” Empowerment.
- The State Level Committee, Implementation Committee and District Level Committee formed under the KALIA scheme will also review & monitor the implementation of this component and may suggest changes that may be required. Any other members, if required may be invited with the permission of the chairperson of the committee.
Procedure for Application and Disbursement
i) Advertisement will be published in the local dailies and in the website. The physical application would not be accepted. Only verified online applications will be considered for the award of scholarship.
ii) The student will apply online on the portal https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in.
iii) Concerned students are advised to keep the applicant’s copy for their reference.
iv) The student must give consent on the following points in the application interface
- His/Her parent is a KALIA beneficiary
- He/ She is not getting any other scholarship
- He/ She is interested to shift from the existing scholarship scheme to KALIA scholarship (Only for the students availing of any other existing Scholarship).
v) The scholarship would be sanctioned subject to fulfilment of the prescribed eligibility criteria by the students and validation/authentication by the Principals / Head of the Institution of the concerned colleges/institutes in online mode only.
vi) The scholarship will be paid to the selected students by the Agriculture & Farmers Empowerment Department through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode and will be transferred to the Bank account of the beneficiaries.
vii) The students must have an active and valid account in any of the scheduled banks which has an Electronic Clearing System (ECS)/ Core Banking facility to facilitate the transfer of scholarship amount directly to their account.
viii) The bank account must be in the name of the applicant/student only. Students must enter their Bank/Branch name, saving bank account number and IFSC code very carefully to ensure a smooth transfer of scholarship amount..
ix) The application which is not validated/authenticated within the timeline by the Institute will be treated as invalid.
Role and Responsibility of Head of the Institutes
- The Head of the Institution shall be provided with the user id and password for the online verification of the application send by the students.
- The Head of Institution has to ensure the genuineness of the student i.e. he/she is studying in the College / Institution for the particular year by checking his/her roll no/admission no.
- Verification of name of the parent with help of High School certificate /10th Pass certificate.
- Verification regarding day scholar/ hosteller
- The Head of the Institution has to ensure that the student is not in receipt of any Scholarships sponsored by other Department of State Govt./ Government of India.
- The verified application should be forwarded to the concerned Chief District Agriculture Officer of the district from which KALIA assistance has been provided online.
- If any student has applied more than one time, only a single record will be authenticated by the principal.
- This scheme is automatically renewable on year to year basis in the same category on receipt of satisfactory performance of completion of the academic session from the concerned Institute Head.
- The Principal Head of Institution will be personally held responsible for authenticating eligible students from the records displayed in their login.
Role and Responsibility of Chief District Agriculture Officer (CDAO)
- The Chief District Agriculture Officer (CDAO// DNO) shall be provided with a user ID & password for the scholarship portal.
- After receipt of the recommendation from the Principal/ Head of the Institution, the CDAO/ DNO will verify the authenticity of his parent as KALIA beneficiary.
- After authentication and approval, the CDAO shall release the Scholarship directly in the registered account of the student through the common scholarship portal.
Role and Responsibility of Director of Agriculture & Food Production, Odisha
- The Director of Agriculture & Food Production, Odisha shall prepare reports and monitor the pendency of application at different levels.
- Fund management like opening of account, administrative sanction & approval to be done at Directorate level.
Apply Online for Chhatra Bruti Yojana at Kalia Scholarship Portal
The official portal scholarship.odisha.gov.in has now been launched for children of Kalia Yojana beneficiaries. At the Kalia Scholarship Portal, candidates can now apply online for Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana. The state govt. of Odisha will bear all the expenditure including course fees, hostel fees and mess fess under Kalia Scholarship Yojana. Here is the complete process to apply online for scholarship at Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana portal:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/website/home
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Registration” link present in the header or directly clickif you are a new user to open the page as shown below:-
STEP 3: Tick the declaration, click at “I Agree” button and then click at “Proceed” button to open the Kalia Scholarship Scheme online registration form:-
STEP 4: Verify your aadhaar card, enter student name, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail ID, password, other details accurately and click at “Register” button to make Kalia Scholarship Yojana registration.
STEP 5: Scroll over the “Login” link and click at “Student Login” link at the portal and enter User ID and password to apply the scholarship.
STEP 6: After logging in, provide all necessary details like student, academic, eligibility and bank information. Click on the “Save as draft” button to draft the information or click on “Next” button to save and proceed the scholarship form.
STEP 7: The preview of the completed form will appear on the page. Download the forms and take its print out.
Check Eligibility to Apply Online for Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana
Those students who will get admission into govt. professional colleges on merit basis would be eligible for Odisha Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana. All the eligible children of Kalia Scheme beneficiaries can avail assistance to study in more than 13 professional / technical subjects. These subjects includes MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, B.Pharma, BSC Nursing, BVS & AH, B.E, B.Arch and B Plan, BSC Agriculture etc. There are more than 30 govt. institutions in which candidates can apply online at Kalia Scholarship Portal subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria for admission into these courses.
Check Eligibility Criteria for Kalia Scholarship through the link. The page to track scholarship details will appear as shown below:-
In addition to this, children of Kalia scheme beneficiaries pursuing technical educations in more than 11 disciplines in technical educational institutions will also remain eligible to avail benefits under Kalia Scholarship Scheme 2021.
Key Documents Required
1. Aadhaar Number
2. Applicant’s Photograph
3. Income Certificate
4. Caste certificate
5. Special category certificate
6. Resident certificate
8. Front page of Passbook for bank account details of the student
9. Matriculation Certificate (Except in case of Non-matriculate ITI courses)
10. Previous Examination Certificate
Odisha Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana for Farmers Children (Earlier Update)
Odisha govt. had launched Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana which is a scholarship scheme for the children of Kalia beneficiary farmers. This scholarship scheme under Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA Scheme) is going to solve a lot of problems in education sector. KALIA Yojana 2021 is providing financial, livelihood, cultivation, support & insurance facilities to farmers. Now the farmers children would also get assistance to excel in the education and technology sector.
Kalia Yojana in Odisha is a scheme which is already financing the farmers and now it is necessary that the children of farmers are to be taken care off. For the Kalia beneficiaries, the state govt. announced Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana 2021 so that the kids of farmers becomes doctors, engineers, lawyers, scientists etc. Now all those students belonging to either small or marginal farmers family who are planning to pursue higher education can avail the benefits of Kalia Scholarship Scheme.
Odisha Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana Launch
CM Naveen Patnaik of Odisha has earlier announced the launch of Scholarship Scheme for children of Kalia Yojana beneficiaries at farmers congregation in Keonjhar district. The state govt. has launched Kalia Chhatra Bruti programme to ensure that the children of farmers excel in future. All the students must follow the following eligibility criteria to avail benefits of this scholarship scheme for kids of Kalia Yojana beneficiary farmers:-
- All the students should be the children of Kalia beneficiaries.
- These students must be studying in government professional colleges on merit.
Odisha government is going to bear the education expenses of their children under Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana 2021. The state govt. is already implementing the Kalia Scheme for the holistic development of the farmers. Odisha KALIA Scheme is going to accelerate agricultural prosperity and reduces poverty. Farmers would be able to take up interventions like purchase of inputs such as seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and labor fees.
Odisha Kalia Scholarship Scheme Online Application Form (Earlier Process)
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for Kalia Scholarship Scheme 2021:-
STEP 1: Firstly children of Kalia Yojana beneficiary farmers will have to visit the official website at https://kalia.odisha.gov.in/index.html
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Kalia Scholarship” tab present on the right side of the page.
STEP 3: Then the Kalia Scholarship Online Application Form will appear as follows:-
STEP 4: Here candidates can fill the Kalia Scholarship details, applicant details, parent information, permanent address information and bank information.
STEP 5: Finally, candidates can click at the “Submit” button to complete the online application process for Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana.
Kalia Scholarship Scheme or Chhatra Brutti Yojana will ensure that not a single eligible children of Kalia beneficiaries who aspires for technical & professional education be deprived of his / her dream.
Odisha Agriculture dept. has asked the state higher education, health & family welfare, skill development & technical education to urge institutions under them to communicate the students to apply online for Kalia Scholarship. All the students can apply online through the Kalia Portal at https://kalia.odisha.gov.in/index.html or Odisha State Scholarship Portal at https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/website/home