Central government has launched National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) 2021 for promoting industrial training. The scheme is aimed at providing training to students in their field which will further help them in the placement and obtaining a suitable job. NAPS objective is to share stipend with employers to max. limit of Rs. 1500 per month per apprentice. Along with this, there would be sharing of basic training cost with basic training providers to maximum limit of Rs. 7500 for 500 hours / 3 months per apprentice. People can now apply by filling National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme online registration / application form.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) 2021 Apply
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a national scheme for providing skill training to ITI students / Freshers / MES Pass-outs / PMKVY candidates. Youths can now fill Apprenticeship Training Online Registration Form at the official website after reading details at https://msde.gov.in/schemes-initiatives/apprenticeship-training/naps or
NAPS scheme will be implemented by the Director General of Training (DGT) under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The scheme will be one of the most powerful skill-delivery schemes across the nation. Now check the NAPS eligibility criteria for employers, basic training providers as well as apprentices.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme 2021 Online Application / Registration Form
It is mandatory for Establishments, Apprentices and BTPs to register and engage apprentices:-
STEP 1: Visit the official Apprenticeship Training Portal at https://apprenticeshipindia.org/
STEP 2: Here applicants can scroll over the “Register” section and then click at “Candidate” link
STEP 3: Afterwards, NAPS Scheme Online Registration Form for Apprenticeship Training will appear as shown below:-
STEP 4: Here candidates can enter their details accurately and click at “Submit” button to apply online for apprenticeship training. Finally applicants can click at the “Login” link present on the top right corner of the homepage or directly click https://apprenticeshipindia.org/login
Contract registration through portal is must for designated and optional trades. There is shortage of industry ready workforce in India as compared to developed nations. To overcome this shortage, Central govt. has started National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) to create world class workforce in the country.
NAPS is the first of its kind of schemes that Government is offering financial assistance to the employers to engage apprentices. The scheme also provide basic training, which is essential component of apprenticeship training.
Apprentice Search at Apprenticeship Training Portal
Here is the complete process to make apprentice search at the Apprenticeship Training Portal:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official Apprenticeship Training Portal at
STEP 2: At the homepage, scroll over the “Apprentices” tab present in the main menu and then click at the “Apprentice Search” link.
STEP 3: Accordingly, the Apprentice Search page at the NAPS Scheme official website will appear as shown below:-
STEP 4: Here applicants can enter registration number, establishment name, state, district, candidate type, sector, trade type, trade, gender, aadhar seeded.
Finally, applicants can click at the “Search” button to perform Apprentice search at the NAPS scheme official website at apprenticeship.gov.in
Track Apprenticeship Status Online at apprenticeship.gov.in
Here is the complete process to track apprenticeship status at the Apprenticeship Training Portal:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official Apprenticeship Training Portal at https://apprenticeship.gov.in/pages/Apprenticeship/home.aspx
STEP 2: At the homepage, scroll over the “Apprentices” tab present in the main menu and then click at the “Apprenticeship Status” link.
STEP 3: Accordingly, the Apprenticeship Status tracking page at the NAPS Scheme official website will appear as shown below:-
STEP 4: Here applicants can enter registration number, date of birth, father / guardian name, UID.
Finally, applicants can click at the “Search” button to track Apprenticeship status at the NAPS scheme official website at apprenticeship.gov.in
Objectives of NAPS Yojana 2021
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a new scheme of Government of India to promote apprenticeship. It was launched on19th August 2016. Apprenticeship Training consists of Basic Training and On-the-Job Training/Practical Training at workplace in the industry.
- The NAPS is effective from notification date of 19th August, 2016.
- The main objective of the scheme is to promote apprenticeship training and to increase the engagement of apprentices.
Components of National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
- Sharing of stipend with employers to a maximum limit of Rs. 1500 per month per apprentice.
- Sharing of Basic Training Cost with Basic Training Providers to a maximum limit of Rs. 7500 for 500 hours/ 3 months per apprentice.
NAPS Scheme Eligibility and Requirements for Employers
All the employers must fulfill the following conditions to become eligible for NAPS Scheme 2021:-
- Employer validation through TIN/TAN and EPFO/ESIC/LIN/ any other identifier as decided by the central government.
- There must be an Aadhar linked bank account of employer.
Apprenticeships are an important and traditional way of imparting technical skills among students and make them industry ready.
NAPS Scheme 2021 Eligibility / Requirements for Apprentices
All the apprentices must fulfill the following conditions to avail benefits of NAPS Scheme 2021:-
|Category of Apprentice||ITI Pass Out||Dual-Mode Trainee of ITI||PMKVY / MES Pass Out||Fresher|
|Minimum Age (Years)||14||14||14||14|
|Maximum Age (Years)||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||21|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||As per Trade||As per Trade||As per Trade||As per Trade|
|Aadhar Linked Bank Account||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory|
NAPS Eligibility / Requirements for Basic Training Providers (BTP)
All the Basic Training Providers (BTP) must fulfill the following conditions to avail benefits of NAPS Scheme 2021:-
- Govt. and Private ITI having spare seats with in overall sanctioned seats.
- Establishments with in-house basic training facilities.
- BTP set up/supported by industry clusters.
- Physical verification of basic training facilities by RDAT.
- BTP must have Aadhar linked bank account.
Check the NAPS benefits through the link –. For more details see NAPS-Guidelines in News & Updates section on apprenticeship.gov.in.
Key Features of National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
Here are the salient features of National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme for FY 2021:-
1. Wider option for the apprentices-integration with other schemes – Courses approved by State Government/Central Government such as PMKVY, DDU-GKY etc. shall be linked with apprenticeship training. These courses will be given status of optional trades & the relevant practical content for on-the-job training shall be added by respective course approving authority.
2. Ease of Administering through technology – A specially designed online portal “www.apprenticeshipindia.org” shall be used for administering the entire implementation of the Apprenticeship Training online. It shall facilitate the requirements of all key stakeholders such as Candidates, Industry, DGT, RDSDEs, NSDC, SAA, SSDMs and BTPs
3. Involvement of States/UTs – As per the Apprentices Act, monitoring of apprenticeship training in State Public Sector Undertakings and Private Sector Establishments is done by the respective State Governments. States have a very important role in implementing the programme as most of the smaller Industries and MSMEs come under the State jurisdiction. Hence sensitizing the states & State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs) & also officers up to the District level, on the intent of the reforms becomes critical & a matter of priority. The District Skilling Committees being promoted by both the Central and State governments will be mandated to identify apprenticeship opportunities in their district and ensure appropriate utilisation of same.
4. Promoter and Facilitators/Third Party Aggregators (TPA) – Since this scheme involves multiple stakeholders, the role of facilitators or Third Party Aggregators (TPAs) becomes important for mobilizing the apprentices, mapping their preferences with the demand from the establishments for apprenticeship opportunities posted on the portal, and helping the establishment in identifying Basic Training Providers. TPAs are engaged as per the guidelines issued by MSDE for their selection.
Implementing Agencies for NAPS
The Regional Directorates of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(RDESE) under Directorate General of Training (DGT) are the implementing agencies in their regions in respect of all “Designated Trades” under the Act for all establishments falling under the Central Government jurisdiction. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and CEOs of the Sector Skill Councils are the implementing agencies in their sectors in respect of “Optional Trades” for the establishment under the Central Government jurisdiction.
The respective State Governments are the appropriate authorities in respect of any establishments other than those falling under the Central Govt. jurisdiction. State Apprenticeship Advisers (SAA) are implementing agencies in their regions in respect of all “designated trades” a well as “optional trades” for State Public Sector Units and private establishment falling under their jurisdiction as per the Apprentices Act 1961. They may also appoint the “Mission Directors” of the respective State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs) to act as implementing agency for all establishments under the State Government jurisdiction, in respect of “Optional Trades”.
NAPS Guidelines –
Official website –