Goa government has issued a notification for the Modified Laadli Laxmi Scheme in January 2021. Under Ladli Lakshmi Scheme in Goa, the state govt. provides gift of Rs. 1 lakh to every gaon (village) girl on the occasion of their marriage. Interested brides (girls) or their parents can fill the Goa Ladli Laxmi Scheme Online Application Form to avail scheme benefits. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme including how to apply online process, eligibility criteria etc.
What is Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme 2021
Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme was launched on 6 July 2012 as one of the flagship programmes of the state government. Modified Ladli Laxmi Scheme started with an intention to address the undesirable tendency of female foeticides. This scheme aims towards erasing the general perception that the birth of a girl in the family is the burden on her parents/guardian during her marriage.
Whom to Approach to Apply
If you want to apply for Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme, then you must approach Directorate of Women & Child Development. Goa Ladli Laxmi Scheme Application Form is available at a cost of Rs. 100.
Goa Ladli Laxmi Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Any Girl who fulfils all of the following conditions is eligible to apply for Goa Ladli Laxmi Scheme:-
- born in the State of Goa;
- resident of Goa for the last fifteen years; and
- (i) whose at least one of the parents is born in Goa and is also a resident of Goa for the last fifteen years; or (ii) whose one of the parents is residing in Goa for last twenty five years; or (iii) whose parental income does not exceed Rs. 3.00 lakhs per annum.
Provided that a Girl, who is born outside Goa, shall be eligible if she is:
- resident of Goa for the last fifteen years;
- educated in Goa; and
- (i) whose at least one of the parents is born in Goa and is also a resident of Goa for the last fifteen years; or (ii) whose one of the parents is residing in Goa for last twenty five years; (iii) whose parental income does not exceed Rs. 3.00 lakhs per annum.
Financial Assistance under Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme 2021
The beneficiaries under Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme are paid Rs. 1.00 lakh as financial assistance provided they fulfill the criteria therein in the below mentioned category as under:-
- on attaining the age of 18 years
- or on the occasion of her marriage and is applicable to girls between 19 to 40 years of age upto 31/03/2016 and now extended to 45 years prospectively w.e.f. 1/04/2016
The beneficiaries on attaining the age of 18 years are paid Rs. 1.00 lakh as financial assistance by means of bank fixed deposit jointly in the name of the Director of Women and Child Development and the applicant (the Girl). The beneficiaries on the occasion of marriage are paid cash through the bank.
The beneficiary who is in possession of the Fixed deposit under the Scheme is allowed to withdraw the amount for her use in business/profession or for her further studies.
Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme – How to Apply
The eligible beneficiary shall apply to the Director of Women and Child Development, Panaji-Goa in the prescribed form, complete in all respects with the self-certified copies of the following documents;
- Self Certified copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant.
- Residence Certificate of the applicant. In lieu of the Residence Certificate, the previous School Leaving Certificate and the current Bonafide Student Certificate issued by the recognized Educational Institution in which the girl is presently studying can also be produced. However, in case of girls who discontinued education at school level, the gap period from the time of discontinuation of education till completion of 18 years of age/marriage as the case may be proved by production of residence certificate. In case of graduates, the certificates of passing of Xth, XIIth and graduation is adequate evidence.
- Self Certified copy of Aadhar Card.
- Self Certified Copy of the Civil Marriage Registration Certificate which may also include the first registration certificate.
- Self Certified copy of 15 years or 25 years Residence Certificate of one of the parent(s) of the applicant as the case may be. In lieu of the Residence Certificate, any documentary evidence to prove the residence for the specified period can also be produced which may include: (i) The land records i.e. tenancy rights; mundcarial rights; occupancy rights, etc. (ii) Employment certificate; or (iii) Any such records to the satisfaction of the Committee.
- Self Certified copy of Birth certificate of one of the parent(s) of the applicant as the case may be. If no birth certificate is available, one of the following documents can be produced showing the details namely the date and place of Birth of the parent(s): (i) Baptism certificate; (ii) School leaving certificate of the parent(s). (iii) Any document which establishes that one of the grandparents of the girl have lived in Goa around the time of the date of birth claimed by the parent(s). (iv) Any such records, which establishes the date of birth of the parent(s).
- Self-Declaration of the applicant.
- Pre-receipt with revenue stamp (in duplicate) as prescribed.
- Annual Income Certificate of parents issued by the Competent Authority
Implementation of Goa Ladli Lakshmi Scheme
The Goa Laadli Lakshmi Scheme is being implemented through the branches of the following Banks.
- State Bank of India
- Bank of India
- H.D.F.C. Bank
For more details, download Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme PDF – https://www.goa.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Laadli-Laxmi-Scheme.pdf
Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme Online Application Form (Earlier Update)
All the interested girls or their parents can fill the Goa Laadli Laxmi Scheme Online Application Form to avail the scheme benefits through the link given below:-
The Ladli Laxmi Scheme benefits would be provided to each eligible girl in the state without taking into consideration about caste, creed, religion.
Also check Amendment Notification through the link – https://www.goa.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Laadli-Laxmi-Scheme-Griha-Aadhar-Schme-Amendment-Notification.pdf