Maharashtra state govt. is going to launch Mahasamruddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme 2021 for women empowerment. This scheme would be a major step for empowering women in rural areas. The state govt. will start this Mahasamriddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme on 8 March 2021. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the scheme.
Mahasamruddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme 2021
To empower women in rural Maharashtra, state govt. has announced to start Mahasamruddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme on 8 March 2021. In order to give a boost to confidence of women, state govt. will promote listing the names of wives alongside their husbands on the 7/12 extract. The saat baara utara in Maharashtra is official agricultural land record of an individual or family registered with the government’s revenue department. The inclusion of wives names on house property documents will also be promoted.
Launch of Maha Samruddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Yojana
Maharashtra State Rural Development department will be the nodal body for implementing Maha Samruddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Yojana. All other government departments will also be involved in implementation of this women empowerment scheme.
Salient Features of Mahasamriddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme
Here are the important features of the Maha Samruddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme:-
- Under the Mahasamruddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran scheme, self-help groups (SHGs) will organise exhibitions to display rural women’s work and encourage greater participation across fields.
- Members of women cells at the village level and the state rural livelihood mission will also be involved.
- The Mahasamriddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme will commence on International Women’s Day.
- The state government will provide women SHGs with sustainable markets and effective branding tools to promote their products.
- Food products by SHGs will be linked to a robust market chain, including government offices and canteens, malls and private outlets so as to enable women to earn higher remuneration.
- Skill development workshops will also be conducted in Maha Samriddhi Mahila Sashaktikaran Scheme.
- Special women marts will be set up and beneficiaries will be provided with financial support, including low interest loans.
- Free legal advice will also be extended to rural women entrepreneurs.
Furthermore, the state govt. has announced to distribute subsidised sanitary napkins under flagship Asmita Yojana.