Haryana government has launched a new Harihar Scheme 2021 to benefit all destitute and orphan children coming to the children’s home. Haryana Harihar Yojana is a dedicated scheme for kids who have been abandoned or rendered orphans. In this article, we will tell you about the benefits and complete details regarding Harihar scheme for abandoned and orphaned children.
Haryana Harihar Scheme 2021
In its recent circular, the state govt. of Haryana has notified to implement the Harihar Scheme meant for the welfare and care of abandoned / orphaned children. In a letter to administrative secretaries of all the departments, it noted that under the policy the state will provide the following benefits to all those children who were abandoned or surrendered below the age of five:-
- Free schooling, higher and technical education
- Skill development and industrial training absolutely free of cost
- Employment in Groups C and D of government jobs
- Financial assistance upto the age of 25 years or marriage (whichever is earlier)
- One time interest free loan for buying a house in Haryana
Cabinet Approval for Harihar Scheme
Earlier in April 2021, the Haryana cabinet had approved the state’s HARIHAR policy. Under this policy, govt. aims at providing free child care, education, skill development, training, jobs on compassionate grounds, financial assistance, interest free home loan and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) status to abandoned / orphaned children.
Free Education & Jobs in Haryana Harihar Scheme
Under Harihar Yojana, Haryana state government will bear the cost of education and upbringing of all destitute and orphan children coming to the children’s home. On attaining the age of 18, abandoned / orphaned kids will be given Group C and Group D jobs by giving them the benefit of ex gratia. To get jobs, children will not have to give any kind of examination. For obtaining jobs under Class I and II, such a candidate would have to complete post-graduation and clear a merit-based examination.
Haryana Harihar Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who fulfills the below mentioned criteria will be eligible for Haryana Harihar Scheme benefits:-
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Haryana state.
- He / She were rendered orphans before the age of five years
- Applicant had lived in the Child Care Institute till they turned 18 years of age.
Benefits under Harihar Scheme in Haryana
- Under the Harihar scheme, the government will give jobs to orphaned youths only once.
- After an appointment to any post, the person concerned will not be able to apply for a change of post or department.
- However, if the beneficiaries clear the competitive examination, then they could opt for going to another department.