In India, Driving licence is a compulsory requirement to drive any kind of motor vehicle. Now the online application form for new learner licence (LL) and Driving Licence (DL) are available at Sarathi Parivahan website. Driving licence also serves as necessary document to be submitted as govt. identity proof for getting other services like aadhar card and passport.
According to the rules laid by central government, a person has to get learner’s licence first to become eligible to get a driving licence. On expiry of 30 days of getting learner’s licence, applicant has to apply for driving licence. Now people are provided with an online option for the application process through a government Sarathi Parivahan website.
Although driving licence issuance is state subject but Indian govt. has simplified the process of getting DL.
Apply Online for New Learner Driving Licence in India
To get learner driving licence online, applicant can visit the Sarathi website of Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways and has to complete four stages to apply. The four stages of Learner’s Licence (LLR) and Driving Licence application are as follows:-
1. Fill Applicant Details for Learner’s License at Sarathi Parivahan Website
Check here the complete process to fill up applicant details for grant of New Learner’s Licence of India:-
- Firstly visit the official Sarathi Parivahan Website
- At the homepage, click at the “Apply Online” option to open a drop down menu with no. of options to select. Select the first option “New Learners Licence” which will show 5 stages of application. Read instructions and click at “Continue” option to open the Application for Learner’s Licence as shown below:-
- Select the correct option that “applicant does not hold driving/learner licence” and click at “Submit” button to proceed to fill the New Learner’s License Application Form:-
- In this form, all personal details are to be filled online. An option is also present which asks that what kind of licence is being applied for. Applicant can choose a no. of options and apply for multiple types of licences at same time.
- On submission of completed application form, an application number would be allotted to each applicant.
Also check Offline form to Apply for Learner’s Licence – New Learner’s License (Form 2) Download to apply offline for new learner licence.
2. Uploading documents for Learner’s Licence
All the applicants can click at the “Uploading Documents” option at the homepage. Here candidates can select the application number and date of birth. The required documents which needs to be submitted to apply online for new learners license are as follows:-
- Physical fitness declaration (form 1)
- Medical certificate (form 1-A)
- Proof of address – Any one of the following documents – Passport / Ration Card / Life Insurance Policy / Voter’s Identity Card / Aadhaar Card / Affidavit sworn before public notary or judicial magistrate.
- Proof of Age – Any one of the following documents – Passport / Voter’s identity card / Birth certificate / School matriculation certificate / Life insurance policy / Affidavit sworn before a public notary or magistrate.
Uploading Photo and Signature – An applicant will have to upload their photo and signature in the application. For this purpose, applicant has to visit the “Upload Photo and Signature” section of the website. In this section, applicant will have to enter their application number again along with the name of concerned Road Transport Authority to which application will be forwarded.
3. Booking of Test Slot
An applicant also needs to book slot for driving test in this stage. Applicant will have to provide the application number and date of birth to get a verification code. On filling the ‘Verification Code’, the applicant has to click the ‘Submit‘ option which will lead to the test slot booking procedure.
4. Payment for Learner’s Licence
All the applicants have to pay the application fees by first selecting “application fee” under e-payment menu. The applicant needs to enter application number and date of birth in the corresponding menu. Then click at the ‘click here to calculate fee option’, select bank or gateway from the drop down menu, enter generated code in the corresponding field and click on ‘pay now’ button.
All the applicants will have to visit the concerned authorities as per test booking slot, after which learner’s licence would be provided.
Fill the Online Application Form / Application for New Learning Driving License at sarathi.parivahan.gov.in (Update on 19 July 2019)
The Government of India has made driving license (DL) mandatory for all citizens to drive any kind of motor vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act. In order to ease the process of obtaining a Driving License or Learning License (LL), the Central Government has started the website of Sarathi Transport Service (Sarathi Website for DL) for this. Where any person whose age is 18 years or more can apply online or register for a new learning license (Learners License Online Application Form).
Apart from permitting to drive a motor vehicle, a driving license can also be used as a kind of identity proof such as Aadhar card or Passport It can also be used for making.
Before anyone can take a driving license a learning license is required which has a duration of 30 days. Learners License Online Application & Registration can be done by filling the online application form for driving license when the learning license expires after thirty days.
New Learning Driving License Online Application Form / Application
To get his new learning driving license, the applicant has to visit the Sarathi website for DL of the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, where he has to do the following online registration for learner’s license (Learning License Apply online registration form) Four steps have to be completed:
- The applicant has to first visit the Sarathi Parivahan website of Sarathi Transport Service:
- On the main page of the Sarathi Transport Service website, in the ‘Driving License’ section on the leftApply Onlineby scrolling to “New Learners LicenceClick on the option. Where you will be asked about 5 steps, where you have to click on the option of “Continue”.
- After this you have to select the option of “Applicant Does not Hold Driving/Learner Licence” and click on “Submit” button to open new learning license application form.
- Here the candidates have to fill the asked information, after which the application number (learners license application number) will be given to all the applicants after the completion of the online application form process for the new learning / driving license.
By the way, there is a different process in every state for issuing a driving license, which the central government wants to simplify by centralizing it. Digital India Let the way be easy.
Learning Driving License Required Documents List
To get a driving license, applicants will need the following necessary documents (Documents requires to apply online learner’s license India), apart from this, you can follow the steps mentioned below for how to upload documents to get a new learning driving license. :
- On the main page of the Sarathi Transport Service website, click on the option “Uploading Documents” in the “Driving License” section on the left.
- Proof of physical fitness (Form 1) / Physical fitness declaration (Form 1)
- Medical certificate (Form 1-A)
- Any one of the following as proof of address: Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card
- Any one of these as proof of age: Passport, Ration card, Voter ID card, Aadhar card, Birth certificate, 10th school certificate
Apart from this, applicants have to click on “Upload Photo and Signature” on the portal of Sarathi Transport Service to upload photo and signature. Along with this, the candidate can also do work like booking test slot for himself, paying for learner’s license (Learners license application fee) on this portal to give his driving test.
Offline application (Download New Learner’s Driving License Offline Application Form) letter for getting a new learning driving license can be downloaded by clicking on the link given below.
— New Learner’s License (Form 2) Download
Kerala Sarathi Scheme – Govt. Rolled Out Unified Licence Scheme (Update on 1 Jan 2019)
Kerala govt. had rolled out Sarathi scheme to unify licensing across the country. This scheme was previously launched by the Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways. This scheme aims to curb the malpractices and reduce the rush at the Transport authorities.
The Motor Vehicles Department has earlier started the project on a pilot basis at its 3 centers in the state. In the present day scenario, the state govt. is finding it difficult to verify the authenticity of the laminated paper licences which are being issued in the state. The new smart card driving licences will be more durable and unique. Till date, there are around 1.5 crore driving licence holders in the state and the department issues around 6 to 8 lakh new licenses every year.
Kerala Sarathi Scheme for Unified Licensing
Sarathi scheme aims to issue smart card driving licences to drivers. These smart cards have a number of security features which includes QR code and hologram. Each of the district office in the state of Kerala issues around 40,000 licences (on an average) every year. Now all the new applicants would be given these smart cards with more security features.
The plan is to bring uniformity in the design of licence issued across the state. For this purpose, the state govt. is planning a centralised printing system to ensure the uniformity in the design of the licences. The design of the new licence is going to be finalised soon.
All the new applicants would get high quality smart cards which are going to more durable (more resistant to wear and tear) than the current paper licences. Even all the existing licence holders would get new smart driving licences when they come for renewal.
The VAHAN & SARATHI schemes are conceptualized in such a way which to enable them to capture the functionalities as mandated by Central Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 as well as State motor vehicle rules. These schemes would be implemented in a customized manner in the core product to suit the requirements of 29 states & 7 union territories of India.