Central government is inviting Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 online registration form at awards.gov.in. This award is the Highest Civilian Honour for any women given by Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD). All the women who have worked consistently for the noble cause of Women Empowerment can apply online for this National Award. Each women individual / group / institution can apply online for women national award by making Nari Shakti Puraskar Registration and Login.
President of India will provide this Nari Shakti Puraskar on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 8th March every year. Screening and final selection of the candidates would be done to give awards to winners. Each winner women of any category shall carry a certificate and cash amount of Rs. 2 lakh. This Highest National Award for Women will acknowledge the achievements of women and recognize their contribution to the society.
Nari Shakti Puraskar – How to Apply Online
Only online application shall be entertained for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022. Below is the complete process for filling of Nari Shakti Puraskar Applications:-
- Visit https://awards.gov.in/
- Register yourself (if not already done). After submitting the registration form, a confirmation link will be sent to your registered email id. Authorize and activate by clicking on the link sent on your email.
- Enter Username (which is your registered email id), Password and Captcha code given and click Submit.
- Once logged in, on the left menu click on “Apply for awards“.
- Fill the form and upload the relevant documents/ pictures against the required fields.
- Upon entering details in the application form and uploading documents/ pictures, please click ‘submit’ button.
- After successful submission, an acknowledgement slip with application no. will be generated and sent to the registered e-mail.
- A confirmation will be received by the applicant at the time of final submission of the application and at the time of final selection of awards.
- For any query you may write to the helpdesk at: support-nspwcd[at]gov[dot]in.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Registration Form / Login
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://awards.gov.in/
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Registration” tab present on the top right corner of the page.
STEP 3: Direct Link for Registration – https://awards.gov.in/Registration/SignUp
STEP 4: Afterwards, the Nari Shakti Puraskar online registration form 2022 will appear as shown below:-
STEP 5: After submitting the Nari Shakti Puraskar registration form, a confirmation link will be sent to your registered email id. Authorize and activate by clicking on the link sent on your email.
STEP 6: You can click on the received email or directly click at “Login” tab present on the top right corner of the homepage to proceed to make login for Women National Award.
STEP 7: Direct Link for Login – https://awards.gov.in/Login
STEP 8: Enter Login ID, Password and Captcha code given and click “Sign In” button. Once logged in, on the left menu click on “Apply for awards“.
STEP 9: Fill the Nari Shakti Puraskar Online Application Form 2022 and upload the relevant documents/ pictures against the required fields. Upon entering details in the application form and uploading documents/ pictures, please click “Submit” button. After successful submission, an acknowledgement slip with application no. will be generated and sent to the registered e-mail.
A confirmation will be received by the applicant at the time of final submission of the application and at the time of final selection of awards.
About National Awards Portal
Several civilian awards have been instituted by various Ministries/Departments/Agencies of the Government of India to recognize people who have excelled in their fields and worked with dedication for selfless service to society. National Awards Portal is an initiative to bring together all National Awards of the various Ministries/Departments/Agencies of the Government of India under one digital platform reflecting transparency, accountability, and public partnership (Jan Bhagidari). This portal aims to facilitate citizens to nominate individuals/organizations for various awards instituted by the Government of India to recognize and award them for their exceptional contributions in their respective fields.
With this portal, for the first time in the history of India, information regarding all national awards would be available to the public on a single digital platform including their eligibility criteria, selection procedure, and details of past awardees. Also, people will be able to make nominations for various awards on a single platform, which is simple and user-friendly.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Latest Update
Ministry of Women and Child Development invited the nominations for the Nari Shakti Puraskar 2021 which will recognize the outstanding work in the fields of economic and social empowerment of women. The applications or nominations will be accepted only through online mode and may be filed at the portal www.awards.gov.in and all nominations received up to 31 January 2022, will be considered for Nari Shakti Puruskar for the year 2021.
Nari Shakti Puraskar-2021 will be conferred by the on the occasion of International Women’s Day i.e 8 March 2022. “Guidelines regarding eligibility criteria and other details for Nari Shakti Puraskar are available at https://wcd.nic.in/acts/guidelines-nari-shakti-puraskar-2021-onwards. Ministry of Women and Child Development confers Nari Shakti Puraskar every year to individuals and institutions in recognition of their service towards the cause of women empowerment, especially vulnerable and marginalized women.
The award carries a certificate and a cash amount of rupees two lakh per awardee. The awards are open to all individuals and institutions and the maximum number of awards (including individual and institutional) could be 15. However, any relaxation to this maximum number may be permitted at the discretion of the selection committee, Chaired by the Minister of Women and Child Development. Further, it informed that the Self-nominations and recommendations for the awards are also considered and the Selection Committee may also, suo-moto, recommend an individual or institution for the award with sufficient justification.
A Screening Committee, headed by a Joint Secretary level Officer of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, will scrutinize and shortlist the nominations received for the awards considering the achievements of institutions and individuals, applied or recommended for the awards. The final selection of the awardees is made by a selection committee, chaired by the Union Minister of Women and Child Development, on the basis of recommendations of the screening committee.
It is for information of General Public that the applications/ nominations for Nari Shakti Puruskar, 2021 are now open. The details are as under:-
- Applications/ Nominations may be filed at www.awards.gov.in.
- All Applications/ Nominations received upto 31st January, 2022 will be considered for Nari Shakti Puruskar for the year 2021.
- For eligibility criteria and other details, the attached Guidelines for Nari Shakti Puruskar may be referred.
Guidelines for Nari Shakti Puraskars – National Award for Women
International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on 8th March. The Ministry of Women & Child Development celebrates this day to acknowledge the achievements of women for the nation and recognize their contributions to the society. Therefore, it has been decided by the Ministry to confer ‘Nari Shakti Puraskars’ every year to individuals and institutions in recognition of their service towards the cause of women empowerment, especially vulnerable and marginalized women.
Objectives of Nari Shakti Puraskar
- In the past few years, there have been concerted efforts by the Government to recognize and encourage women to participate in all spheres and issues related to women have gained utmost importance and focused attention. “Nari Shakti Puraskars” shall showcase the Government’s commitment towards women with the aim of strengthening their position in the society.
- Nari Shakti Puraskar will also provide an opportunity to Young Indians to understand the contribution of women in building of society and the nation.
- The awards will inspire the individuals & institutions to follow the league of awardees.
Description of Nari Shakti Puraskar
- The recipients of the Nari Shakti Puraskars shall be declared every year by 20th February and awards will be conferred on 8th March on the occasion of International Women’s Day (IWD).
- The maximum number of awards (including individual and institutional) would be 15. However, any relaxation to this maximum number may be permitted at the discretion of the selection committee. The Award in each category shall carry a certificate and a cash amount of rupees Two lakh per awardee.
Eligibility Criteria for Nomination
- The awards are open to all individuals and institutions.
- In case of individual category, the awardee must be at least 25 years of age on 1st July of the award year (e.g. for the year 2021 awards to be distributed on 08.03.2022, the age should be as on 01.07.2021 and so on).
- If the applicant is an institution, it should have worked in the relevant field for at least 5 years.
- The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry earlier).
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded for outstanding work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, to – individuals/ groups / institutions / NGOs, etc. in the areas of: economic and social empowerment of women or pertaining to this theme or incidental thereto.
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded to individuals/ groups/ NGOs/institutions etc. who encouraged women to participate in decision making roles; encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors; facilitated basic amenities for rural women; promoted women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture, concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity of women etc.
- An award may also be given to a State or Union Territory, which has appreciably improved Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
- Normally the awards shall not be presented posthumously; excepting in cases where death occurred subsequent to a proposal having been submitted to the Ministry in the manner as stipulated in these guidelines.
Who Can Fill Nominations for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022
Nominations for the National Award for Women shall be invited from the following:-
- State Govt., Union Territory Administrations, Concerned Central Ministries / Departments.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Universities / Institutions, Private and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- Selection Committee can also recommend any women individual or institution for the award with sufficient justification
- Women can also fill Self-nominations and make recommendations for the awards.
The Nominations would be submitted to the Ministry of Women and Child Development with details as per online application form alongwith supporting documents as mentioned in the application form. The entities mentioned above recommending the nominations should clearly certify the work carried out by the nominees for which the award is being recommended.
Mode of Calling Nominations
For inviting the applications for the awards, the designated portal shall be opened throughout the year. However, applications received upto 31st December of the year for which awards are to be given shall only be considered for that particular calendar year. (e.g. for awards for the year 2021, applications received upto 31.12.2021 shall be considered). Applications received from 1st January onwards of the subsequent year shall be considered for awards to be given for that calendar year.
The Ministry will also write to all the State Governments, Union Territory Administrations, Central Ministries/ Departments for giving wide publicity for the awards and also for sending nominations through the designated portal. Government may, at its discretion decide the cut-off date for consideration of nominations for awards for that particular year.
The information will be simultaneously placed on Ministry’s website and other social media platforms as well as any other medium of communication as may be decided, along with relevant details.
Procedure for Sending Nominations
- Nominations will be received only through designated website i.e. www.awards.gov.in. The link of this website will also be available on the official website of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (www.wcd.nic.in). Applications received other than online mode will not be entertained.
- Applications received by the due date will be sent to the State/ UT and District Collector/ District Magistrate, other government/ appropriate agencies/ organizations for verification of the claims and achievements mentioned in the applications
Screening of Nominations
A Screening Committee shall be constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to scrutinize and short list the nominations received for the Awards considering the achievements of the applying/ recommended individuals and institutions. The screening committee shall consist of:-
Selection of Awardees by the Selection Committee
A Selection Committee shall be constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to select the awardees on the basis of recommendation of the Screening Committee. The Selection Committee shall consist of:-
The Selection Committee may at its discretion also consider individuals/ institutions/ organizations other than those who have got nominated/ recommended before the last date of receipt of nominations/ recommendations.
Presentation of the Award
- The Award shall be presented at New Delhi at a special ceremony/ function held on the occasion of the International Women’s Day on 8th March every year.
- The Ministry will reimburse travel expenses by economy class by shortest route, for the awardees to and from Delhi, by Air India or any other airline as specifically permitted and local travelling allowance on production of bills and air tickets. Apart from this, boarding and lodging arrangements for the awardees for three days (one day prior and one day after the date of Award ceremony) shall be arranged by the Ministry.
Recall of Awards
If subsequent to the presentation of awards, it is found that false declaration has been made by the applicant in the application to claim the award or the conduct of an awardee is found to be unbecoming by way of any anti-national, anti-social, unethical, immoral, illegal activities including indulging in crime against women, economic offences etc. or conviction by a court of law, the Ministry reserves the right to withdraw the awards and in such event the name of the awardee shall be deleted from the list of awardees and they would be required to refund the award money to Consolidated Fund of India in such manner, as may be prescribed.
Miscellaneous Provisions Governing the Awards
- The Ministry reserves the right to reject any entry without assigning and/ or disclosing any reason.
- The decision of the Government with regard to selection of awardees shall be final and binding and no person including the applicant will have the right to question the decision of the Government or to challenge the validity of such decision.
Background Nari Shakti Puraskar
There is no chance for the welfare of the world unless the condition of woman is improved. It is not possible for a bird to fly on only one wing’. -Swami Vivekananda
Following our centuries old values that place women on the highest pedestal in the society, it has been endeavour of the Ministry of Women and Child Development of the Government of India to promote social and economic empowerment of women through cross-cutting policies and programmes, creating awareness about their rights and facilitating institutional and legislative support for enabling them to realize their human rights and develop to their fullest potential. In doing so, the aim also is to inspire and motivate others towards similar achievements contributions.Women have always exhibited strength in varied forms.
Nari Shakti Puraskar (formerly Stree Shakti Puraskar), which literally means ‘Woman Power Awards’, are “National Award in recognition of exceptional work for women empowerment” conferred by the Hon’ble President of India every year on 8th March, the International Women’s Day as a mark of respect and recognition for those who have demonstrated exemplary courage and stellar contribution towards empowerment of women.
Check Nari Shakti Puraskar Guidelines at – https://wcd.nic.in/sites/default/files/Nari%20Shakti%20Puraskars%20Guidelines_0.pdf
For more details, visit the official website at https://awards.gov.in/